Monday, August 30, 2010

Let's All Gather Round the Ol' Packard

So here's a movie of me playing my new organ. It is new to me, but was built circa 1892. Its a Packard and what a beaut she is. In the video I'm playing one of my favorite songs from Mary Poppins, which I think is fitting for the sound of the instrument. I made another video from the other angle and even lit candles in the candle holders to show how it would have originally been played (it was, after all, built before electric lights were ubiquitous) but that video wasn't as good. The downside to this video is that you get a lot of pumping noise. Hey, I understand that this video looks all Alice-In-Wonderland and such, what with the giant chair that causes me to bend over to play..and the fact that there is an organ in my house...but I think that is par for the course of my life.

2 comments:

Medcalf Crew said...

I love this song too and have found myself singing it (to myself) many times over the years. Especially when I see a kite.

MariahSmile said...

Now I wanna go fly a kite! Glad to see the organ is off the back porch and inside with its new friend (the big chair)!