Monday, July 12, 2010

Senate


I went to DC to see Senator Byrd lie in the Senate before being airlifted to Charleston, but unfortunately there is no visitor parking at the Capitol or the Capitol Visitor Center. Ironic? So after driving around for a very long time I finally found a parking meter. Get this: in DC a quarter will purchase seven and a half minutes of time at the meter. How much for a nickel, you might ask? One and a half minutes. I'd say that unless the ticketer is within sight, don't even bother inserting a nickel for that whopping amount of time. This is why I never drive into the city (combined with the traffic signals on the sides of the road instead of being overhead). Anyway, after emptying out the silver change from my car, I managed to buy twenty seven minutes of time in which I ran to the back side of the Capitol just in time to see the casket being brought down the Senate stairs and placed into the hearse. Here is a photo of the Senate house just after he left.

No comments: